Insolvency Investigator – London
Salary: £35,000 - £50000 dependent on experience
Numero Recruitment are currently working with a specialist Insolvency practice in London that would like to recruit and Insolvency Investigation professionals into their team. You will be joining the Investigations and professional standards unit and will take responsibility for for a portfolio of investigation and litigation cases.
Your portfolio will generally include more complex cases to include a mixture of asset realisation, investigation of company affairs and the conduct of directors and former office holders. The firm offers great opportunities for progression an will support further study.
- Identifying statutory / compliance issues from previous office holders’ files and electronic records.
- Carry out investigations to identify any fraud, dishonest conduct and/or negligence on the part of the former office holder.
- Liaising with the IPSU manager and the office holder to provide all relevant evidence to submit bond or PI claims.
- Investigating misconduct by former directors, shadow directors, debtors and connected third parties.
- Identifying potential heads of claim under the Insolvency Act 1986 and other relevant legislation.
- Reporting to the IPSU manager and case partner on a regular basis to update them on case progression.
- Where appropriate, conducting investigations in accordance with the requirements of SIP 2 and preparing Director Conduct Reports.
- Actively progressing your case portfolio and agreeing the on-going strategy with the IPSU manager and office holders
- Preparing detailed case reviews to summarise and reporting on the case at defined progression stages, ensuring case records and decisions are fully documented in accordance with the processes and systems used by the team.
- Interpreting and analysing accounts and other financial statements and information to assist with ongoing investigation and litigation matters.
- Managing asset realisations, including liaising with solicitors and agents where required.
- Maintaining the IPS case diary.
- Preparing statement of affairs, deficiency accounts and estimated outcome statements.
- Ensuring bills are raised and collected in accordance with billing plan on all cases.
- Ensuring timesheets are submitted on time and are compliant with the Partnership’s standard for the recording of own chargeable time.
- Taking part in presentations and marketing events, both internally and externally in order to promote the IPSU team and the Partnership generally.
- Being willing to travel where necessary.
- Maintaining up to date technical knowledge and be willing to attend training events.
- Previous experience in insolvency and investigations – The minimum requirement is 1 year
- A good working knowledge of the Insolvency Act
- Demonstrable experience of managing a portfolio of insolvency cases
- A good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Previous experience with using IPS and an electronic filing system
- Candidates with previous investigations training, and/ or professional insolvency or accountancy qualifications (ACCA, ACA, CPI, JIEB) would be preferred. Further study is also on offer for those that do not.
Numero Recruitment work with Insolvency firms across the UK and overseas in places such as Australia, the Caribbean and the Channel Islands. Whilst we do our best to advertise all current opportunities, we would encourage all Insolvency professionals to contact us if you are considering new career opportunities or searching for career advice. We will provide professional advice and if you wish to speak with potential new employers, we are confident we will be able to make suitable introductions and assist you in securing the right opportunity for your career.
Back to Listings
Insolvency Senior Administrator – Watford
We have been instructed to seek out a high caliber Insolvency professionals for a specialist…View Job
Restructuring & Insolvency Executive – London
Numero Recruitment are currently working with a Global Advisory firm that are actively recruiting…View Job
Restructuring Manager – London
Numero Recruitment are currently working with a Top 10 firm of Accountants that would like to…View Job
Insolvency Assistant Manager – North London
Numero recruitment are looking to recruit an Insolvency Assistant Manager for a well renowned…View Job