Restructuring Manager – Channel Islands
Location: Channel Islands - Guernsey
Salary: Excellent salary package and Benefits (Relocation Package included)
Numero Recruitment, a leading international recruiter for Insolvency Jobs are currently working with a large International accountancy firm that would like to recruit an Insolvency & Restructuring Manager into their Guernsey offices.
The experienced team in Guernsey supply a wide range of services to under performing businesses and their stakeholders and assignments vary from financially robust companies seeking to acquire under-performing competitors, to distressed businesses requiring an urgent solution. Typical services include:
- Corporate Insolvency
- Corporate Simplification
- Debt Advisory
- Exit Strategy Services
- Financial Restructuring
- Independent Business Reviews
- Strategic Performance Reviews
- Forensic Accounting & Forensic Investigation Services
The role is open to people who require sponsorship and the firm will cover all associated costs to include a fantastic relocation package.
- To effectively manage and support the team in both Jersey and Guernsey, ensuring the team is motivated
to perform and committed to effective client service and that the quality of work meets the company’s
ethical and professional standards and supports organisational success.
- The Manager will supervise and coach staff in the R&R department including Associates, Senior Associates and Seniors to assist their
- The Manager will progress a large portfolio of recovery & reorganisation cases (realising assets, conducting investigations and making distributions) in a timely and cost efficient manner with minimal supervision. They should have a good knowledge of all aspects of their cases and general insolvency issues (in the Channel Islands and other relevant jurisdictions), while taking responsibility for
compliance, client take-on, individual case budgets and billings.
- They should be proficient in all aspects of
- Ensure all case matters are properly addressed including compliance aspects and asset realisations, liaising with lawyers, agents and other advisors.
- Supports the Directors by managing the ongoing client relationship, resolving any issues and maintaining consistent high quality service and introducer retention.
- Acts as an ambassador of the firm and contributes to the department and the firm’s marketing efforts in order to generate work. This includes organising and attending events, generating new initiatives, following up targets and contacts.
- Understands the market and current developments (both in respect of clients and competitors).
- Has a good network of contacts both internally and externally and maintains these contacts.
- Prepares fee estimates and written proposals and contributes to presentations and sales pitches, in order to win new work and retain existing clients.
- Contributes to internal and external presentations for both the department and the firm. This includes internal and external events, on training, marketing and assignment related subjects to promote our services.
- Able to apply technical knowledge appropriately in the context of individual clients and can display both skill and speed in resolving client problems.
- Understands potential trade-offs between fee/profit maximisation and long term business with client.
- Makes quick, clear and unequivocal recommendations to managers/directors about client issues and can generate a range of options and choices and narrow these down appropriately.
- Understands and demonstrates the balance between the need for information and data and the requirement, from a client’s perspective, for quick decisions and recommendations.
- Manages others working on assignments, and delegates effectively and appropriately.
- Undertakes coaching and supervision of the team, identifying and dealing with performance issues in a timely manner, ensuring that regular feedback is given, ensuring as far as possible that staff receive appropriate training and development so that the team has the necessary skills and knowledge to service the needs of the client and support business growth.
- Delivering training on identified topics to impart knowledge.
- Conduct appraisals (in conjunction with Directors) of the team (including interim, end of year, probation and other reviews), providing constructive feedback, seeking feedback and identifying training needs, and ensures paperwork is completed and filed in timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring own appraisal is completed on time, with objectives set and achieved.
- Maintains technical aptitude to carry out role including internal and external training events and relevant technical literature.
- Reviews progress on assignments against budget, ensuring the team works within case budgets so that agreed recovery targets can be achieved. Investigates variances and cost over-runs and initiates appropriate action to resolve any potential or actual problems.
- Reviews and controls non-productive time of the team and ensures targets as set by the Directors are met.
- Prepares billing plans on department cases and ensures bills are raised and collected in accordance with billing plans and debtor reports.
- Prepares WIP schedules promptly.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in report writing and other written communication.
- Reviews the written work of those within the department, ensuring grammatical and corporate styles are adhered to.
- Prepares engagement letters and has knowledge on the workings of engagement letters and the terms and conditions including liability caps.
- Applies best practice regarding departmental procedures, risk management and compliance and
ensures that team members are adhering to these procedures.
- Has a thorough understanding of the insolvency procedures of the Channel Islands and a working knowledge of other relevant jurisdictions.
- Manages the planning and control of trading operations, including preparation of trading memorandum and document decision to trade.
- Manages the sale of business including preparation of business information memorandum, control of negotiations and offer process, instructing and liaising with lawyers.
- Understand the workings and outcomes of enforcing security and guarantees.
- Suggests commercial decisions on cases to Directors, identify critical issue.
- Liaises effectively with creditors.
- Understands ethical and conflict constraints of accepting appointments, and adheres to compliance and risk procedures, meeting all statutory requirements.
- Possesses a relevant accounting or Insolvency professional qualification coupled with at least 5 years relevant work experience.
- Has experience in all aspects of recovery assignments, including contentious and non-contentious
- Very well organised with strong time management skills.
- Highly PC literate and proficient in Word/ Excel/ Powerpoint and firm and department specific software including IPS and DRIVE.
- Able to interview and extract information from directors and management teams.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and understanding of current accounting and insolvency regulations and issues.
- Has excellent communication, interpersonal, planning and organising skills in order to effectively manage a team and is able to display initiative and lateral thinking coupled with good problem solving and analytical thinking ability.
Numero Recruitment work with Insolvency firms across the UK and overseas in places such as Australia, the Caribbean and the Channel Islands. Whilst we do our best to advertise all current opportunities, we would encourage all Insolvency professionals to contact us if you are considering new career opportunities or searching for career advice. We will provide professional advice and if you wish to speak with potential new employers, we are confident we will be able to make suitable introductions and assist you in securing the right opportunity for your career.
We also offer an excellent referral reward scheme that pays up to £1,000 if you can introduce us to other professionals that we successfully place into a new position.
Back to Listings
Insolvency Director – Channel Islands – Jersey
Numero Recruitment are currently working on behalf of a specialist Restructuring and Insolvency…View Job
Insolvency Assistant Manager – Caribbean
Numero Recruitment are currently working on behalf of a number of International accountancy…View Job
Restructuring Senior Manager – Channel Islands
Numero recruitment, the leading international recruiter for Insolvency Jobs are currently…View Job