Audit Senior – Melbourne, Australia
Location: Melbourne Australia
Salary: $85,000 - $95,000 AUD - Including Excellent Relocation Package & Accommodation
Numero Recruitment are currently working with a Top 10 International firm of accountants in Melbourne Australia that are keen to recruit qualified Audit Seniors from the UK to join their experienced team. The firm can offer an excellent relocation package to include flights and accommodation and an excellent salary package. To be considered, you must have at least 3 years experience in external audit, be fully qualified (for visa purposes) and have experience of working with mid sizes firms and IFRS.
The firms is the largest mid-market accounting & professional services firm globally. They offer a culture that is collaborative and personal, and they recognise that to deliver exceptional service, they must provide an empowering and flexible environment for their people.
- Working with the firms risk-based audit methodology, you will provide independent assurance, professional advice and practical solutions to a broad portfolio of clients & industries.
- As a senior audit professional, you will be responsible for the supervision & development of junior team members, with the support of Managers & Partners.
- Clients will include large proprietary & listed organisations.
- Identify & communicate risk areas to clients.
- Develop audit strategies & drafting of audit plans.
- Group audit instructions & documenting control environments.
- Review files around technical accounting & audit requirements.
- Draft management letters & audit completion reports.
- Prepare & review of statutory financial reports.
- High level of client service through on-site client visits.
- Mentoring junior staff & building close internal relationships.
- Minimum 3 years’ external audit experience
- Ideally have a degree in Accounting but this is not essential
- ACA or ACCA Qualified
- Strong report writing skills
- Committed to supporting team members
- Committed to quality service & client relationships
Guide to Australia:
- Australia provides a very healthy and happy lifestyle that revolves around being outside and quite often down at the beach.
- 80% of the population live within 50km of the coast, so you can be sure to find yourself within easy reach of the beach and warm waters.
- Australia also boasts twice as many sunny days as the UK and less work hours.
- Australia continuously ranks high as one of the best countries to live and work.
- There has always been a high demand for UK qualified audit professionals across Australia and many firm are open to offering 4 year sponsorships.
- Firms would expect a minimum of 2 years commitment from candidates but have always welcomed longer stays should people decide to remain in Australia and apply for permanent residency (PR).
- Australia was one of the first countries to adopt IFRS as it general reporting standards.
- As all of Australian cities are recognised across the world as strong and growing economies, they have all been able to attract investment from large international organisations and as a result you will find all of the usual professional services firms including; banks, firms of accountants, legal firms, restructuring businesses and corporate financiers.
Benefits of Living and working in Australia
- Continuously voted as the happiest country to Live and work.
- The number 1 destination for UK migrants for the last 20 years.
- People Power with a democratic government and voting system.
- Higher standard of Living.
- Higher salary packages with good benefits.
- Provides a better work life balance.
- Warm climate providing an amazing outdoor lifestyle.
- Some of the nicest beaches and clearest waters in the world.
- English speaking so easy to settle
- Higher salaries for shorter days.
- Great for families as statistically a safe country offering plenty to do with children and an excellent schooling system.
- Outstanding economy with a wealth of natural resources.
- Diverse culture with cosmopolitan cities.
With a population of approximately 5 million, Melbourne is Australia’s second largest city. It is regarded as the cultural and fashion capital of Australia and renowned for its fine restaurants. It is a true multicultural city with more than one quarter of Melbourne’s inhabitants born overseas and a social scene that will offer plenty of festivals, bars, restaurants and theaters to explore. Melbourne hosts some of the world’s great sporting events such as the Australian Tennis Open and Grand Prix and it is also the home of the world famous Melbourne Cup. Melbourne is set around the shores of Port Phillip Bay so there is plenty of time for you to hit the beach after work.
Numero Recruitment work with practice Accountancy firms across the UK and overseas in places such as Australia, the Caribbean and the Channel Islands. Whilst we do our best to advertise all current opportunities, we would encourage all Accountancy professionals to contact us if you are considering new career opportunities or searching for career advice. We will provide professional advice and if you wish to speak with potential new employers, we are confident we will be able to make suitable introductions and assist you in securing the right opportunity for your career.
We also offer an excellent referral reward scheme if you can introduce us to other professionals that we successfully place into a new position.
Back to Listings
Insolvency Assistant Managers & Managers – Sydney Australia
As a result of increased workload, Numero Recruitment have excellent opportunities for Insolvency…View Job
Audit Senior – Sydney, Australia
Numero Recruitment are currently working with a Top 10 International firm of accountants in…View Job
Audit Senior – Auckland, New Zealand
Numero Recruitment are currently recruiting for a large International Accountancy firm in Auckland…View Job
Audit Senior – Melbourne
Numero Recruitment are currently recruiting for Audit Seniors and Assistant Managers to join a…View Job