Restructuring Senior – Birmingham
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Numero Recruitment are keen to speak with qualified accountants regarding an excellent opportunity to change your specialism and develop a career in Restructuring. Our International client is currently growing their restructuring division across the UK and would like to recruit a number of restructuring senior associates into their Birmingham team. Ideally they would recruit people with experience in restructuring but they are also open to speaking with qualified accountants that wish to learn and develop within restructuring & Advisory
The Business restructuring team support clients to work through challenging situations, from dealing with the effects of rapid growth through to underperformance and financial crisis. They are one of the leading restructuring practice in the Midlands, and over the years have advised on the most iconic and complex restructuring situations. Typical projects include
- Managing cashflow and working capital Restructuring debt and other financial obligations
- Raising new financing from banks or investors to work through business challenges
- Delivering operational change to improve financial performance
- Realising value through sale of a business or its assets
- Managing key stakeholders and investors
- Undertaking insolvency work, where other options are not achievable.
The specialist team is part of a wider Deals business. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work closely with other teams to get experience on different types of transactions. Your work will be varied, often fast paced and calls on commercial, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- As a Senior Associate, you’ll be a key part of a project team working collaboratively and using the latest technology to undertake (for example.
- Financial analysis – e.g. reviewing financial information and applying a critical / commercial lens to assumptions
- Working with the project team in assessing and developing financial restructuring options
- Creating the first draft of reports and presentations that set out our findings and help in discussing these with clients
- Supporting the delivery of transactions
- Implementing specific parts of an insolvency appointment – e.g. making commercial decisions around ongoing trading or strategy for the realisation of assets
- As part of our ongoing business development activities, contribute to the research of new opportunities and developing a network and profile in the local restructuring community
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written (e.g. writing reports / presentations)
- Commercial curiosity as to how businesses and deals work, and what makes them succeed
- Sound financial analytical skills, including use of Microsoft Excel
- Good understanding of financial accounts (being a qualified accountant is preferable but not essential)
- Ability to grasp complex commercial issues quickly, and to work accurately even under time pressure as part of a team to manage multiple commitments.
- A commitment to continued personal development
- Prior experience in financial restructuring is not a prerequisite to success in this role. The team have have developed a team from a wide range of backgrounds, providing a supportive environment for learning and long-term career development.
Numero Recruitment work with Insolvency firms across the UK and overseas in places such as Australia, the Caribbean and the Channel Islands. Whilst we do our best to advertise all current opportunities, we would encourage all Insolvency professionals to contact us if you are considering new career opportunities or searching for career advice. We will provide professional advice and if you wish to speak with potential new employers, we are confident we will be able to make suitable introductions and assist you in securing the right opportunity for your career.
Back to Listings
Restructuring Assistant Manager – Birmingham
Numero recruitment have been engaged by a national firm of accountants to speak with…View Job
Insolvency Jobs Birmingham – Multiple Opportunities
Numero recruitment are currently working with one of the UKs largest National Insolvency &…View Job
Insolvency Assistant Manager – Birmingham
Numero Recruitment, the leading recruiter for Insolvency jobs across the UK & Overseas are…View Job
Insolvency Senior Administrator or Assistant Manager – Worcester
We are currently recruiting for an Insolvency administrator or Insolvency Assistant Manager to join…View Job