Practice Accountant – Portfolio Manager – Winchester
Salary: Competitive Salary and fantastic benefits
Numero Recruitment, the leading recruiter for accountancy jobs in Winchester are currently working with one of the UK’s fastest growing accountancy firms that would like to recruit a portfolio Manager into their team.
Reporting to Directors and Partners, you will be part of a dynamic business services team providing first class service to a diverse client base. Primarily owner managed businesses including sole traders, companies and partnerships, clients vary in size and complexity meaning a challenging role with good opportunity for progression. You will be responsible for your own portfolio of clients, all below the audit threshold, and work alongside other dedicated managers running the team and developing trainees.
- Managing a client portfolio delivering advice and an efficient compliance service and developing client relationships to become the first point of contact for our services.
- Review of files for accounts and corporation tax/personal tax prepared by team members – providing feedback for their development alongside ensuring quality delivery of services.
- Some complex accounts preparation.
- Providing advice to owner managed businesses on both business and personal matters
- Part of the management team for our business services department in Winchester– contributing ideas for the ongoing development of the team and working together with other team members to improve processes and practices.
- Regular review of client WIP and debtors, ensuring billings are raised on a timely basis and monitored against budgets
- Attendance at marketing events (optional but encouraged)
- Conducting mid-year and annual appraisals and ongoing feedback to the team
- Contribute to team meetings; for example, providing updates on a technical area to enhance understanding
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Demonstrable practice experience
- Possess a high level of technical knowledge combined with excellent commercial awareness
- Competent in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel – advanced Excel skills desirable
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to the audience
- Demonstration of the ability to make decisions, solve problems and take appropriate action
- Ability to identify commercial and professional risks and ensure these are managed effectively.
- Understand the link between effective performance management and business results
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve client accounting deadlines, as well as other day to day work
- Ability to drive compliance work efficiently to permit more advisory time for client’s benefit.
Numero Recruitment work with practice Accountancy firms across the UK and overseas in places such as Australia, the Caribbean and the Channel Islands. Whilst we do our best to advertise all current opportunities, we would encourage all Accountancy professionals to contact us if you are considering new career opportunities or searching for career advice. We will provide professional advice and if you wish to speak with potential new employers, we are confident we will be able to make suitable introductions and assist you in securing the right opportunity for your career.
We also offer an excellent referral reward scheme that pays up to £1,000 if you can introduce us to other professionals that we successfully place into a new position.
Back to Listings