Bookeeper – London
Salary: Competitive Salary and fantastic benefits
Numero Recruitment, the leading recruiter for Accountancy Jobs in London is currently working with an exceptional medium-sized independent firm of accountants in central London that would like to appoint an experienced bookeeper into their team. The firm has 15 partners and approximately 60 staff and is a member firm of a strong International network of accountants.
They work with a wide range of clients with specialist areas to include; FCA regulated entities, authors, barristers, media, property clients, not for profit and, increasingly, an international angle including offshore trusts.
- You will work on a number of clients in different sectors, maintaining and developing the strong relationships which are key to the firm’s growth.
- Preparation of VAT Returns
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts for Partner/Client review
- Accounting for monthly adjustments (prepayments, accrued & deferred income and accruals) as part of preparing management accounts
- Double entry bookkeeping and maintaining bookkeeping records on Sage 50 Accounts including:
- Recording bank payments, receipts and bank reconciliation
- Recording sales & purchase ledger
- PAYE and National Insurance
- We would expect you have to be AAT qualified with solid GCSEs and probably have at least five years of relevant work experience.
- You are confident with good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral and have the ability to communicate with clients from a range of sectors.
- You are able to deal with client queries relating to bookkeeping and VAT, understand the client’s needs and have the ability to give clear and concise explanations in relation to queries.
- You must be be Xero certified advanced user of Xero with the ability to build monthly management accounts from this package.
- Have a sound knowledge of VAT legislation and VAT treatment
- Broad understanding of PAYE and National Insurance
- You are willing and able to work under pressure and cope flexibly with demanding deadlines, and you work well as part of a team.
- Your analytical skills and attention to detail and ability to think laterally mean you are capable of identifying potential problems and providing solutions.
- You show initiative, exercise judgement and take ownership of issues from start to finish.
Numero Recruitment work with practice Accountancy firms across the UK and overseas in places such as Australia, the Caribbean and the Channel Islands. Whilst we do our best to advertise all current opportunities, we would encourage all Accountancy professionals to contact us if you are considering new career opportunities or searching for career advice. We will provide professional advice and if you wish to speak with potential new employers, we are confident we will be able to make suitable introductions and assist you in securing the right opportunity for your career.
We also offer an excellent referral reward scheme that pays up to £1,000 if you can introduce us to other professionals that we successfully place into a new position.
Back to Listings
Audit Assistant Manager – London
Numero Recruitment are actively recruiting for a newly qualified accountant to join a Top 50…View Job
Audit Senior – International Firm – London
Numero Recruitment are currently working with a BIG 4 International firm of accountants in London…View Job
Audit & Accounts Senior – Woodford Green, Essex
Numero Recruitment are currently recruiting for and Audit & Accounts Senior to join a Top 100…View Job
Audit & Accounts Senior – Harrow, North London
Numero Recruitment are currently recruiting for an accountancy practice firm based in Harrow who…View Job