Audit Assistant Managers – Public Sector – UK Wide
Location: UK Wide
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Numero Recruitment are currently working closely with a Top 10 International firm of accountants that are looking to strengthen their Public sector and Not for Profit Audit teams across the UK. As a key area of growth for the business, the firm would like to recruit qualified audit professionals that either have public sector experience already or those that wish to develop in this area. This is a great opportunity for Audit Seniors that are looking for that next step up to Assistant Manager and beyond. Typical clients will include:
- NHS Organisations
- Fire Services
- Police Services
- Local Authorities
- Social Housing organisations
- Collages & Schools
- Working closely with the client’s management team and more junior team members, you will be responsible for devising the audit strategy and planning.
- Leading and supervising an audit team, allocating work to team members and ensuring the team complete work to quality standards and in a timely manner.
- Providing on the job training to assistants and seniors whilst in the office and at client sites.
- Managing and controlling audit assignments from planning through to finalisation of reports in line with agreed timescales.
- Monitoring actual time with the budget to ensure that the work is completed efficiently.
- Reviewing the work of more junior team members and providing informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage.
- Act as the key point of contact for engagement leads and clients, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
- Building strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
- Ensure that clients are billed according to agreed billing plans.
- Assisting with business development by working with audit colleagues in other offices and colleagues across different service lines.
- Identifying and capitalising on opportunities and prospects for new work.
- Qualified accountant with UK experience – CIPFA, ACA, ACCA, CA (or equivalent) with some post qualification experience (essential)
- Ideally you will have experience delivering external audit to public sector bodies but those without will still be considered with further training on offer.
Numero Recruitment work with practice Accountancy firms across the UK and overseas in places such as Australia, the Caribbean and the Channel Islands. Whilst we do our best to advertise all current opportunities, we would encourage all Accountancy professionals to contact us if you are considering new career opportunities or searching for career advice. We will provide professional advice and if you wish to speak with potential new employers, we are confident we will be able to make suitable introductions and assist you in securing the right opportunity for your career.
We also offer an excellent referral reward scheme that pays up to £1,000 if you can introduce us to other professionals that we successfully place into a new position.
Back to Listings
Audit Assistant Manager – Liverpool (BIG 4 Firm)
Numero Recruitment are recruiting for a fantastic opportunity at Audit Assistant Manager level with…View Job
Audit & Accounts Senior – Chester
Numero Recruitment are currently working with a Top 20 firm of accountants in Chester that are keen…View Job
Audit Senior – International Firm – London
Numero Recruitment are currently working with a BIG 4 International firm of accountants in London…View Job
Accounts Senior – Business Services – Ipswich
Numero Recruitment are currently working with a well respected firm of accountants in Ipswich that…View Job