Audit Senior – Guildford
Salary: Competitive Salary and fantastic benefits
Numero Recruitment, the leading recruiter for Audit jobs across the South East & London are currently recruiting for one of the UK’s leading and fastest growing accountancy firms that would like to recruit an Audit Senior into their experienced team in Guildford.
The firm are keen to hear from people that have either recently qualified in ACA or ACCA or those that are due to qualify next year. The successful applicant will be joining a thriving office where career progression and development is on personal merit.
The role will entail completion of audit and accounts preparation assignments, ensuring compliance with accounting and auditing standards and regulations, reporting to audit and accounts managers. You will be working with a mixed client base firmly grounded in the owner managed business sector spread across a variety of trading companies, solicitors and not for profit organisations.
- Leading audits both in but primarily out of the office using a computerised audit system
- To supervise and assist junior team members both in house and off site
- To delegate and review work of junior team members; including audit files, draft documentation, accounts and corporation tax computations
- Liaison with and dealing with client queries
- To attend client meetings
- Ensure client engagement documentation is up to date
- To assist in the preparation of proposals for new work, where necessary
- To act as a mentor for junior team members and provide day to day training
- Attendance at marketing events
- Identifying opportunities to advise clients
- Qualified at ACA or ACCA with previous experience in practice
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Experience of completing audit and/or accounts work for a variety of business entities
- Possess a high level of technical knowledge combined with excellent commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to the audience
- Proficient in the use of using a computerised audit systems – beneficial although not essential
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Ability to identify commercial and professional risks and ensure these are managed effectively
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve work deadlines
- Project a professional manner and appearance at all times
- Track record of successfully managing, motivating and leading junior staff on assignments
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Driver with access to a car
Numero Recruitment work with practice Accountancy firms across the UK and overseas in places such as Australia, the Caribbean and the Channel Islands. Whilst we do our best to advertise all current opportunities, we would encourage all Accountancy professionals to contact us if you are considering new career opportunities or searching for career advice. We will provide professional advice and if you wish to speak with potential new employers, we are confident we will be able to make suitable introductions and assist you in securing the right opportunity for your career.
We also offer an excellent referral reward scheme that pays up to £1,000 if you can introduce us to other professionals that we successfully place into a new position.
Back to Listings
Audit & Accounts Senior – Kingston upon Thames
Numero Recruitment are currently working with a well respected firm of accountants in Kingston upon…View Job
Audit Assistant Manager – Financial Services – London
We are currently working with a Big 4 firm to secure talented accounting professionals for their…View Job
Audit & Accounts Supervisor – Leatherhead
Numero Recruitment are currently working with an International accountancy practice in Leatherhead…View Job
Accounts Senior – Business Services – Canterbury
Numero Recruitment are currently working with a well respected firm of accountants in Canterbury…View Job