Audit Manager – London
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
Numero Recruitment, the leading recruiter for audit jobs across the UK are currently searching for an Audit Manager to join a Top 20 firm in London.
This is a critical hire for the business as you will be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, and managing people across different levels. the successful applicant will also be responsible for supporting the Directors & Partners on larger jobs as well as managing their own client portfolios.
- Maintain and develop technical ability by attending webinars, keeping abreast of technical development and being able to present own research on technically challenging aspects;
- Being the point of reference for the audit team in terms of technical queries;
- Tailoring the audit approach based on the risk assessment of the clients;
- Guiding the audit team to perform work which will address these risks and support the RI in coming to an audit opinion;
- Work closely with the Partner in the planning and conduct of audit assignments discussing findings;
- Ensure that files presented for partner review address the risks identified at planning and any emerging risks encountered during the fieldwork;
- Lead, manage, develop and coach an effective audit team;
- Act as a counselling manager to some members of the group and help them to achieve personal and professional development;
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on jobs performed;
- Manage client relationships and be an ambassador for the firm;
- Keep the partner or senior manager informed of any issues that arise with the client;
- Identify opportunities; think strategically by understanding the client’s needs, their business and key risks;
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion;
- Review and assess WIP regularly and address overruns as they occur;
- Raise bills regularly and prompt the partner for interim billing when appropriate;
- Be ACA or ACCA qualified
- Have significant experience at managerial level with a firm of accountants
- Have previous experience of managing multiple audit engagements at any one time
- Be able to lead by example and explain audit testing and technical points to the audit team
- Previous experience of networking and business development would be advantageous
Numero Recruitment work with practice Accountancy firms across the UK and overseas in places such as Australia, the Caribbean and the Channel Islands. Whilst we do our best to advertise all current opportunities, we would encourage all Accountancy professionals to contact us if you are considering new career opportunities or searching for career advice. We will provide professional advice and if you wish to speak with potential new employers, we are confident we will be able to make suitable introductions and assist you in securing the right opportunity for your career.
We also offer an excellent referral reward scheme that pays up to £1,000 if you can introduce us to other professionals that we successfully place into a new position.
Back to Listings